How do we design the customer experience of
Our retail client was seeking to re-envision their digital experience in order to meet consumer needs that would arise several years into the future.
We conducted a multi-phase approach designed to understand consumer trends and cultural factors that would shape the digital e-commerce experience of the future, including:
- A Trends Workshop to identify trends that are impacting consumers, technology and retail experiences.
- Semiotic Analysis to analyze cultural trends and future themes that are shaping the current world of e-commerce.
- Qualitative Click-Alongs to understand how consumers are currently navigating digital experiences.
- Quantitative Shopper Journey to measure consumer behaviors and expectations through the end-to-end e-commerce experience.
- Passive Metering to monitor and understand real-world digital behavior.
- Global Team Immersion in countries that are leading in digital customer experiences to understand how these regions around the world are changing the face of e-commerce today.
We summarized the insights from all phases in a design-driven hardcover book which provided a vision of the future and a mandate for innovation within the organization.